Sales tax news this week raises a lot of questions:
1. Why are tax collectors picking on children in Idaho?
2. Is the federal government actually embracing state legalization of medical and recreational pot?
3. Why is this a good weekend to buy hunting supplies in Louisiana?
4. Will New Mexico replace its gross receipts tax with a sales tax?
5. Why is the first ingredient of packaged foods sold in California important?
6. What’s showing up in the mailboxes of Colorado business owners who have failed to file their sales tax forms?
7. Why are Vermont businesses contemplating their own navels?
Find the answers in this week’s sales tax news. Continue reading